How To Get An Insurance License In Iowa
The first step to launching your business as an independent producer is obtaining your insurance license.
If you live in Iowa, you will need to apply for a Resident Producer's License with the Iowa Insurance Division (IID).
To sell Medicare plans with ABC Medicare Plans, you will need to obtain an Accident & Health license. The Life Insurance license is not required, but many agents complete their requirements since most of the pre-licensing study courses cover that material.
You also may need a Life License to enroll your clients in additional coverage beyond Medicare plans.
Iowa does not require any pre-licensure classes or study programs however, we recommend using LicenseCoach.com, an online study course (Discount Code:ABC4400).
As an ABC Medicare Plans candidate, you will receive a $140 discount when you enter our coupon code (see instructions below).
1) Enrollment instructions for LicenseCoach:
- Go to www.licensecoach.com and click "SIGN UP"
- Select Insurance Certification
- Choose your "State" and click "Go".
- Select your course
- Enter the coupon code ABC4400 in the appropriate box and click "Apply"
- Your ABC-discounted pricing is $59.99
- Normal website pricing is $199.00. That is a $140.00 savings!
- Enter your personal information
- Enter your payment information and click on "Place Order Now" to complete your purchase and begin studying.